Ghana to open camp in Doha on Wednesday December 22
The Black Stars of Ghana will open camp in Doha, Qatar on Wednesday, December 22, 2021 ahead of the 33rd edition to the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations – Cameroon 2022.
The team will be in Doha for a period of three weeks to prepare for the Tournament scheduled for Cameroon from January 9 to February 6, 2022.
The Black Stars will play three International friendly matches in Qatar to give Coach Milovan Rajevac the opportunity to assess his squad for the Tournament.
Ghana are expected to play a yet to named club side on Tuesday, December 28, before taking on one of the Africa Cup of Nations qualified teams on Friday, January 1, 2022 in another friendly.
The team will wrap up their test matches against African Champions Algeria on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
The Black Stars will depart Doha for Yaoundé on Friday, January 7, 2022 to take on the rest of Africa at the 2022 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.
Head Coach Milovan Rajevac has until Friday, December 30, 2021 to submit his final squad for the Tournament. Ghana are housed in Group in Group C with Morocco, Gabon and Comoros.
GHANA SCHEDULE IN DOHA – QATAR
- Team open camp on December 22, 2021
- First Friendly match against a club side – December 28, 2021
- Second friendly match against AFCON bound country – January 1, 2022
- Third friendly against Algeria – January 5, 2022
- Departure to Cameroon – January 7, 2022
- Submission of final squad – December 30, 2021