The Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix has been cancelled as a result of the invasion of Ukraine.
An F1 statement said it had been agreed at a meeting of stakeholders “that it is impossible to hold the Russian Grand Prix in the current circumstances”.
It added that F1 was watching the ongoing situation in Ukraine “with sadness and shock and hopes for a swift and peaceful resolution”.
The Russian Grand Prix was due to take place on 25 September in Sochi.
Meanwhile, Haas team boss Gunther Steiner has said the future of his driver Nikita Mazepin “needs to resolved”.
Steiner said the team had “legal issues to go through” in an apparent hint the US-based outfit are trying to split from Mazepin and the sponsorship money that comes from his father Dmitry – a billionaire with close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Haas had already removed the logos advertising Mazepin’s company before Friday’s final day of this week’s pre-season test in Barcelona.
Steiner said the team would work on the situation next week, but insisted the future of Haas in F1 was not in doubt.